The Obamacare Supporter Group Wants to Block Repeal News Update for Dec. 8, 2016. The Obamacare Supporter Group Wants to Block Repeal News Update for Dec. 9, 2016. In this article, we’ll know Obamacare Supporters and all about Obamacare programs and updates. Read here about Obama care Supporter Group Wants to Block Repeal News Update for Dec. 8, 2016
Obamacare Supporter Group Wants to Block Repeal
- A coalition that supports Obamacare plans to stop Congress from doing a repeal without a simultaneous replacement. The coalition stated repeal and delay are no better than repeal. US families deserve to know what’ll happen to them before Congress acts.
- Organizers of the coalition say their protest could include rallies in Washington D.C as well as the states. And districts that Republicans in Congress represent. The group also plans on mobilizing constituents. Also, including Trump voters who would be negatively affected by repeal.
Doctors Form Organization to Fight Trumpcare
Clinician Action Network a group composed of healthcare providers plans to take an active role in opposing the legislation. That supports Trump’s healthcare reform as well as reform proposals from Tom Price. Trump nominated for secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. A spokesperson for CAN said that We’re going to be very responsive to legislation. That’s being introduce and voted on in US Congress. Also both at the state level and the national level. You can get more backstory on the CAN in this Huffington Post article.
Current HHS Secretary Warns About Dangers of Repeal
HHS Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell met with Democrats in Congress to issue a warning about dangers of the Republicans. For repeal-and-delay strategy. Burwell stated would be market chaos if Obamacare repealed. But a replacement for it’s delay. Which is in agreement with healthcare industry experts’ concern that insurance companies will drop out of the market.
Obama care Supporter Group Wants to Block Repeal News Update for Dec. 8, 2016
The Uninsured Rate Could Be Higher if Obamacare Is Repealed
According to a study from the Urban Institute, if Obamacare is repealed the uninsured rate could be higher than what it was pre-Obamacare. Below are some highlights from the study.
- 8 million Americans would become uninsured, which would push the uninsured rate to 58.7 million in 2019.
- Of the 29.8 million who would become uninsured, 5 million of those people would lose coverage because of eliminating premium tax credits, Medicaid expansion, and the individual mandate. The remaining 7.3 million would lose insurance due to the collapse of the non-group insurance market.
- 82 percent of the newly uninsured would be working families.
- 9 million fewer people would have Medicaid or CHIP coverage in 2019.
- Nearly 9.3 million people who would have received tax credits for individual health insurance in 2019 would stop receiving assistance.
Obama care Supporter Group Wants to Block Repeal News Update for Dec. 7, 2016
Many Trump Supporters at Risk of Becoming Uninsured
Non-Hispanic whites and those without college degrees are among President-elect Donald Trump’s biggest supporters who benefited the most from Obamacare. So these 2 groups are included in those most at risk of becoming uninsured if Obamacare is repealed. If a repeal happens:
- The uninsured rate would jump to 58.7 million in 2019
- 80 percent of those without college degrees would become uninsured
- 56 percent of non-Hispanic whites would lose health insurance
- 24 percent of those with some college-level education would lose coverage
- 3 in 10 high school graduates would become uninsured
Far-Right Republicans Want Obamacare Replaced Much Sooner
Trump and Republican leaders may face strong resistance from ultra-conservative House Republicans because of the delayed 3-year plan to replace Obamacare. Congressman Mark Meadows (R-NC). Who’s elected to be the next chairman of the House Freedom Caucus. Reported that the GOP’s new outlook on Obamacare is “the first big fight I see coming for the Freedom Caucus.” He also stated that any delays in replacing Obamacare until after the 2018 elections.
When some Republicans hope to win seats in the Senate. Will meet with the major resistance from the Freedom Caucus members. Also read more on why the caucus challenging Trump for a quicker Obamacare replacement.
Health Insurers Issue Demands Over Obamacare Repeal
- Health insurance trade groups have publicly demand. They need from the Trump administration to remain in the state marketplaces if a repeal happens. Their demands for Trump and Congress include.
- A clear commitment of government will continue subsidizing health insurance for low-income people.
- Also, Keep rules which encourage young and healthy Americans to enroll in health insurance.
- CNN Money also reported more demands from insurance companies. Which also include.
- Making it harder for people to enroll in coverage outside of open enrollment periods. Also to prevent people from only signing up for insurance when they get sick.
- Expanding risk payments to help offset the cost of care for sick enrolls.
- Preventing healthcare providers from steering patients to the individual insurance market. When they could qualify for Medicaid.
- Structuring high-risk pools differently from what was in place before Obamacare.
- High-risk pools for those with preexisting conditions. Who let their coverage lapse prior to Obamacare lacked proper funding. Also, who’ll in waiting lists.
Hospitals Warn Trump and Congress About Repealing Obamacare
The hospital industry issued a warning to Trump and leaders in Congress. That repealing Obamacare could cost hospitals to lose $165 billion. Also by the middle of the next decade. And trigger ‘an unprecedented public health crisis. So, if Trump administration and Congress repeal Obamacare without a simultaneous replacement. Hospital industry says that government payments to hospital groups. That also treat Medicare and Medicaid patients. It should restore to what they were before the 2010 Affordable Care Act law.
Thanks for visiting The Obama care Supporter Group also Wants to Block Repeal News Update for the Dec. 8, 2016. We mentioned Obamacare Supporter Group Wants to Block Repeal on website. We’ve more articles about Obamacare and Obamacare Supporter Group updates too. You can visit more articles here on the website. Also, we’ve answers of 100 plus insurance questions on website. Small Insurance Companies also provide free insurance information to clients.
Place comments bellow on Obama care Supporter Group Wants to Block Repeal News Update for Dec. 8, 2016 if any insurance questions.